Wednesday, November 2, 2011

polishing stars

In the profession I am in, I often get to shine. On stage, in the rehearsal room, in the music studio etc, and often one can forget that just because you are a bright star in the night sky, that you are not the only bright star. And often, in this profession, you find people who love to ramble on about all the things they are so great at, myself included occasionally (although I am trying to work on it). These people make it their mission to polish off their stars in front of the rest of the galaxy, so that it is their SHINE that illuminates the night sky.
There is, a very old myth about one of the biggest stars in the world, the Sun. Legend has it that the Sun was so full of himself and wanted so badly to shine brighter than any of the other stars that he eventually became the hot, molten ball of gas we know today. And even though the Sun has many great advantages to many life-forms, to this day, the Sun is the loneliest star in the whole heavenly realm. It shone so brightly that no other star could come near it ever again.
Now, as cool as it would be to be the Sun, metaphorically speaking, there is one specific star I would never want to have too far away.
It's my great privilege to introduce to you my dearest friend, Chloë Kiley. This girl is honestly one of the most talented people I have ever met and also my best friend in the whole world.
So, if there's one thing I can always say about myself, perhaps one good thing in a sea of flaws, is that when I love, I do love passionately. And when I am loyal, I am fiercely loyal. I once stopped going to lectures, because the lecturer had acted unjustly to a dear friend of mine. So yes, in that aspect, I am not too bad.
I decided to brag a little about my friend tonight, to polish off her star for her a bit, since I'm not sure she does it often enough. So this clip posted here in this blog is of my friend Chloë Kiley singing "The Wizard and I" from the musical 'Wicked'.

Please listen, share, comment and just enjoy.

Chlo, if you ever read this: I love you my "person".

The Wizard and I - Wicked by chloe.mairead

To hear more of Chloë's phenomenal voice, go to http://www.soundcloud.com/chloemairead

<3

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful voice, beautiful song!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is rather incredible. Watch this space !

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!!! THAT IS INSANE! BEAUTIFUL! On my way to listen to other stuff she's done. Is Chloe writing her own stuff too? Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately she isn't writing any thing as of yet - - but I'm sure she could if she put her mind to it. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete